1. How do I tell if the add-in is installed?
There will be a ribbon menu in Excel called FUSION:
2. How do I tell what version of the add-in is installed?
Select the FUSION ribbon in Excel and choose About:
3. How do I tell which environment the add-in is connecting to?
It is shown on the FUSION ribbon in Excel:
It is also shown on the About dialog.
4. How do I know if the user is logged in?
If the user is logged in, their user name will be displayed on the FUSION ribbon and the Logout and Pull buttons will be enabled:
You can also see if a user is logged in (and to which environment) on the About dialog:
5. The user is logged in but the Pull button is disabled?
If there is no file open in Excel, the pull button will be disabled
Sometimes buttons on all ribbons in Excel will temporarily disable while the user is performing certain actions - for example, editing a cell.
6. How do I get the log files for the add-in?
Select the FUSION ribbon and go to About -> Options -> View Logs:
This will open the windows folder containing the log files - please copy all files in this folder.
7. How do I pause live updates in Excel?
To pause updates for the entire Excel application click Pause on the FUSION ribbon. Click Start to make them live again.
Note that this will only pause FUSION updates; other market data feeds from other sources will not be affected.
8. Can I pause an individual whiteboard?
Yes, simply set the Update parameter of the =iPullFusion() function to FALSE:
Set to TRUE again to restart updates.
9. Can I change the update frequency of a whiteboard?
Yes, set the the Interval parameter of the =iPullFusion() to the update frequency (in seconds) required:
10. Why do I see #NAME instead of the whiteboard?
10.1 Add-in not enabled
The add-in might not be enabled. To check, go to File -> Options -> Add-ins -> Manage Excel Add-ins -> Go... If it is not enabled, check the box next to TPICAPFUSIONAddin and click OK:
10.2 Add-in disabled
It is also possible the add-in has been disabled. To check, go to File -> Options -> Add-ins -> Manage Disabled Items -> Go... If TPICAPFUSIONAddin appears in this list, simply select it and click Enable
10.3 Manually re-add add-in
If the add-in doesn't appear in either list, you may need to manually re-add it:
- Go to File -> Options -> Add-ins -> Manage Excel Add-ins -> Go...
- Click Browse...
- Navigate to the folder where the add-in is installed. The default location is <username>\AppData\Local\TPICAPFUSION Excel Add-In but your packaging team may have overridden this.
- Select All Files (*.*) from the dropdown in the bottom right to display all the files in the folder
- Select adxloader.tpicapexcel.dll and click OK
11. The add-in is installed, but I don't see the FUSION ribbon in Excel
The ribbon might not be enabled. To check, go to File -> Options -> Add-ins -> Manage COM Add-ins -> Go... If it is not enabled, check the box next to TP ICAP Fusion Ribbon and click OK:
It is also possible the add-in has been disabled. To check, go to File -> Options -> Add-ins -> Manage Disabled Items -> Go... If TP ICAP Fusion Ribbon appears in this list, simply select it and click Enable
How do I use the Excel Add-In Ribbon?
See this page for details.
Can I use in-cell functions to pull live grids into my spreadsheets?
Yes - see this page for full details.